2021 Street Maintenance
2nd Street SW Project Update
Work completed this spring:
- Weeds removed, topsoil placed and sod installed
- Please note that the contractor is responsible for maintaining the sod for the first 30 days. The maintenance period has ended and each homeowner is now responsible for watering the sod.
- Please wait to mow the sod until at least 2 weeks after installation or reaches 3.5” high.
- Do not add any fertilizer or chemicals to the sod this year.
- Cracked concrete has been replaced
- The manholes, valve boxes and curb stops have been adjusted to final grades. Please be careful when driving over these structures until the final lift of pavement is placed.
The contractor has been working hard to complete the remaining punch list items before the project is ready for close-out. The following items are remaining:
- Final lift of pavement – tentatively scheduled for Thursday, June 23 (weather permitting) work will be rescheduled for Friday the 24th if there is rain.
- Replace dead sod
- Project area cleanup
Water Main Flushing October 11-27
The City of Pine Island would like to inform the residents
that it is again time for the water main flushing.
This is part of the Water Works overall water main
maintenance program, which helps us meet the commitment
of providing you the best drinking water possible.
You may experience a temporary decrease in water pressure
and temporary occurrences of discolored water when
the hydrants are being flushed in your area. If you notice
any discoloration, please refrain from using the water for
a short time, especially your hot water. Check to make
sure the water is clear before beginning any laundry.
We appreciate your patience and your comments. If you
would like additional information about this program, or
any other water-related issue, please contact public works.