The Pine Island Farmers Market is hosted by the City of Pine Island Park Board.
Brandi Staloch 507-990-0634
Farmers Market Facebook Page
Farmers Market Guide Lines
Farmers Market Application
2022 Market Guidelines
City Park & Ride Lot – Paved lot next to Dollar General Entrance on 1st Ave NE Pine Island, MN 55963
Fridays from May 20 through October 28 (weather permitting).
No markets on June 3 (Cheese Festival weekend).
Other holiday weekends may be skipped, based on a majority vote of the vendors.
The Market runs rain or shine. However, the Market could be canceled due to inclement weather. Vendors will be contacted if the Market is canceled as soon as the decision is made.
Hours of sales are from 3pm-7pm.
Vendors can set up as early as 1pm to be prepared to sell at 3pm.
Hours may be adjusted in the fall for weather and darkness changes.
There is no cost to participate in the 2022 Farmer's Market.
There will be ask for volunteers to help with some signage, more info to come.
Spaces will be no smaller than 10ft x 10ft up to 12ft x 12ft. A second space can be purchased, if needed.
Spaces will be assigned by the Market Organizer with vendors’ preferences taken into consideration.
Consistently attending vendors may be given the same space each week, but the Market Organizer
reserves the right to move vendors, if needed.
Vendors will need to bring their own tables, chairs, displays, canopies, tents, signage, etc. There is no
pavilion in this lot and you are unable to stake down into the ground. There is some shade but tents are
encouraged with weights to hold the tent down.
Vendors may sell products grown, produced or created by the vendor. Direct sales businesses are also
welcome, but only one direct sales representative per company is allowed. The City of Pine Island
reserves the right to limit the number of vendors selling the same type of items so as not to dilute the
market and allow everyone to make money at the Market.
•Baked goods or processed foods must be labeled with information about ingredients. Processed
goods must be sold with a valid processing license or comply with Minnesota labeling
• Vendor produced farmstead products such as cheeses, meats, fish, poultry, eggs, baked goods,
honey, maple syrup, canned goods and preserves must be labeled in accordance with rules
established by the Minnesota Department of Agriculture.
• All items must be prepared, displayed, sampled and stored in accordance with Minnesota
Department of Agriculture, Minnesota Department of Health and Goodhue County Health and
Human Services Department guidelines.
• Produce sold as “certified organic” must have originated from a certified organic farm. Farms that
are not certified organic but use organic practices may advertise those practices but not claim to be
• Items sold by weight must be weighed on a state certified scale.
• All goods for sale must be in sound condition. All edible goods must be safe for human
consumption. Vendors are solely responsible for damage or illness resulting from the sale of unfit
• Animals cannot be sold, traded or given away at the Market.
• Goods must be marked with legible prices. Prices for goods should be fair value and not undercut
• Vendors must be ready to sell at 3 p.m. and remain until the Market closes. If you must arrive late
or leave early, please notify the Market Organizer in advance so we can place you in a space that
allows for easy access.
• A signed Minnesota Operator Certificate of Compliance ST19 form must be provided to the
Market Organizer at the first Market. The form covers the entire Market season and remains in the
City of Pine Island's files unless requested by the State of Minnesota.
• Children selling at the Market must be accompanied by an adult.
• No loud music or noise will be permitted at the Market.
• Alcohol cannot be consumed on city property without prior permission from the City of Pine
• No smoking in the park area around vendors or customers.
• Keep your vendor area clean and tidy and leave the area as clean as you found it upon leaving.
• It is recommended that vendors carry liability and product liability insurance.
Events and Promotions:
The Market may conduct events and promotions throughout the season to attract additional customers to
the Market. Vendors may be asked to donate an item for giveaways or participate in some other respect
in these events. Participation is voluntary. If not interested in participating, just let the Market
The Pine Island Farmers Market may take photos of vendors and products at the Market to use in
publications, advertisements and promotional materials for the Market. If a vendor does not wish to be
photographed, please let the Market Organizer know at the start of the season.
Vendor agrees that the Pine Island Farmers Market and/or the City of Pine Island is not liable for any
injury, theft or damage to either buyer or seller, or their property, arising out of or pertaining to
preparation for or participation in the Pine Island Farmers Market. Vendor also agrees to indemnify and
hold harmless the Pine Island Farmers Market and the City of Pine Island, their officers, employees or
agents from any claims of personal injury, disease or death or destruction of property.